On the 19 March 2021, BEIS published details of its new Restart Grant Scheme, which aims to support eligible local businesses in reopening safely as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Such support will come in the form of a one-off grant.
Under the scheme all rate paying businesses trading in England in the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sectors can apply for one off grants from their local councils. The maximum amount available is:
- Non essential retail. A one-off grant of up to £6,000 per eligible business.
- Hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym. A one-off grant of up to £18,000 per eligible business.
Grants will be available from 1 April 2021 but applications for the grant can be submitted in advance.
A business will be eligible for the grant if it is:
- Based in England
- In the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sectors
- Trading on the 1st April 2021
A business will be excluded from the fund if the business:
- Is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- Has exceed the permitted subsidy allowance
Details of how to apply for the grants can be found on local council websites.
For further information or advice on how COVID-19 may be affecting your business please get in touch with a member of the Baines Wilson LLP, on 01524 548494 or 01228 552600.