Every business faces the pressures of debt at some stage – whether it is dealing with bad debtors to the risk of insolvency.
Come along to learn how to avoid and manage debt both inside and outside of your business.
The seminars will be hosted by Baines Wilson litigation experts, Elizabeth Black and Imogen Duck and business recovery practitioners, Sonya Brannigan and Sheryl Armer of Adcroft Hilton.
You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions during the course of the seminar and to network with other professionals and business owners.
The seminar will cover the following areas:
Dealing with debt from outside of your company
- Recovering bad debt: litigation and presenting winding up/bankruptcy petitions
- Claiming against an insolvent defendant and insurance companies: how to pursue legal proceedings, the restrictions and commercial considerations
- Prevention: 10 top tips on preventing sticky situations
Dealing with debt from inside your company
- The key factors of knowing when a company is at risk of insolvency
- The differences between cash flow/balance sheet solvency and insolvency
- Director awareness of responsibilities when any potential insolvency is triggered
- Sole Traders: When bad debts affect your personal solvency. What can be done?
Dates and Venues
Wednesday 28 February 2018, Imperial Hotel, Blackpool
Tuesday 6 March 2018, Holiday Inn, Lancaster
Thursday 8 March 2018, Rheged, Penrith
£30 (£25 plus VAT)